Monday, April 28, 2008

WEEK #23: April 20 - 26, 2008

Home Cookin'
Steaks and Lipton Tomato Basil noodles...YUM!

Social Butterflies
Peoria (Monica)
On Sunday morning I was still in Peoria and Lisa took Liz & I to the shooting range. So I shot a rifle for the first time! I didn't do too bad either - 7 disks out of 25!!!
Milwaukee (Tim)
Tim had spent the night in Milwaukee at Josh & Tina's with Billy, so they got up and hit the road back to Chicago!
Saturday - Pat & Lorie's house
We went over to Pat & Lorie's to see Bianca again and my mom who came down for the day after just getting back from her 10-day trip to Italy! She had souvenirs for all of us and told us of her trip. Most of our 2hr visit over there was comprised of me in Bella's room playing Barbies (including the bride barbie I gave her at the wedding that she calls "Auntie Monica" - and the part of "Tim" was played by their Woody-Toy Story-doll ;)
Tim was also tied up with Nicolas playing Nerf ball in his room where "no girls were allowed" and then burgling Tim on a walk down the block that ALSO no one else was allowed to join. So Bella & Nicolas were really having a Monica & Tim lovefest that day!!!
We also got to see my cousins Paula, AnneMarie and Jenny as they were in town shopping!
Afterwards we went to Houlihan's with my mom.
Saturday Night - Jenn's 30th Bday @ Cobra Lounge
We drove into the city around 8pm to go to the Cobra Lounge for Jenn's *surprise* 30th bday. It was a good time! We tried to name TV shows and movies set in Chicago and later, creative names for gay bars!
They had a special on Kilo Kai rum so I had that with Ginger Ale! Never had that before and it's a keeper!!!

Humor
I gotta say the gay bar naming! It was really random and seriously went on for like 30min!!!

Aww...That's Nice
The above mentioned afternoon with Bella & Nicolas! I hope our own kids love us this much :)

20 Second T.O.
With our job situations ( I know, we're all sick of hearing about this!), we were talking about Tim's options for a job search. He doesn't have that *dream job* so it seems that whatever his next job is, it may just be to get out of this one. It's very frustrating b/c of course I've always known what I've wanted to do for the most part so it's hard for me to understand - but also because I want him to be on a career path for his sanity and for our success!
I said something along these lines one night last week and Tim got very defensive as if I were attacking him! So we got extremely frustrated with each other before it came to the point of him finally understanding I wasn't attacking him, that I'm concerned for his happiness and that yes, he understands why I'm frustrated about the situation.

1 comment:

Miss Organizized said...

mmmmboys is probably the best one? ;)

and remembering the Noodle Story whilst reading this post!!