Saturday, April 26, 2008

MONTH #5: March 18, 2008 - April 17, 2008

MoniKitchen
Pat's Favorite Sweet & Sour Meatloaf - from Lorie
Ingredients:
-1lb ground turkey
-1 egg
-1/2 C bread crumbs
-2 tblsp parsley
-1 teasp basil
-1/2 teasp oregano
-pinch salt & pepper
-1 C Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
-3/4 C grape jelly

Directions:
-In a saucepan, heat the jelly and bbq sauce on low until bubbling
-Meanwhile, in a bowl, mix together all other ingredients (use hands to mix)
-Pour about 1/4 of the jelly/bbq mixture into the meat (again, mix with hands)
-Form meat into a meatloaf pan and pour remaining sauce over the meatloaf
-Bake at 350 for 35-40 minutes, uncovered

*Makes four generous servings. Very good as a leftover!!

Will You Go Out With Me?
We went to see the movie Juno! We ate some random leftovers at home and then went to Jersey's http://www.jerseyspizzaandgrill.com/ for a drink and potato skins, to keep it a cheaper night. Then off to the movie!

That's Hilaaarious
SAUSAGE still kept us laughing as well as my new found obsession with the APPLEBOTTOM jeans song ;)

Good Talk
We are being very open and talking about unfortunate job situations. What needs to happen before we can sell our condo and buy a townhouse/house, what type of place we're looking for and what our "dream jobs" are, and lastly if Milwaukee is an option for us and how that could work. No decisions yet, but I think when it comes time to make decisions, we'll be ready.

The Good Life
Hmm...This is a let down! Nothing "good" has happened to us this month! We did get a new niece - Bianca Elle Simon and a new cousin on Tim's side - Robert Clemente (yes, that's the 3rd 'Bob' in our family - my uncle, Tim's 1/2 brother and now his cousin) Sheesh!

Recap
While Tim was always a little 'eh' about his job, he got slapped with a big change a couple weeks ago. The way he'd be making sales changed and while they 'say' the bonuses will be better and quicker in this new set-up, as of June 1 Tim's salary is being slashed by $10K. He's also not very confident in the success of this company as a whole, as it is relatively new and the management doesn't really seem to have a grasp on what they are doing.
For me, I should consider myself lucky that I wasn't laid off when the Qwest Retail business was lost. But now I've been moved over to Direct Mail for AT&T. The pay is good and so is the commute. But the job I signed up for - Retail Events & Promotions - I was very excited as it was what I had decided I wanted to do with my career (event promotions, management). But now I'm doing DM which isn't going to help launch me into the event world as I planned my initial job would after a few years. So now this is just another "filler" job I must endure before I can get into what I really want. And that is making it harder also because it's been nearly 3yrs of work that I don't necessarily want to be slotted in or continue in in anyway (yellow pages & DM) so I'm afraid I'm getting more and more pigeon-holed and it will be harder for me to break out.
Our predicaments sparked several more serious conversations about moving to Milwaukee. So again, many stars would need to align to make the move possible. With these current let-downs, Milwaukee holds the promise of a "fresh start"...but we realize it may not be all that easy!

2 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

RECIPE YAY!! I can't wait until May 1st!! My mouth is already watering ;)

Your job talk makes me super sad, but I know something's gotta give. You have certainly paid your dues (Tim too!) in the less-than-stellar job situation and it's only a matter of time before a door opens up. Whether or not that door is in Mke, I don't know! But I'm sure if you guys keep talking about it, and really take a look at your options, the right choice will make itself known. And don't forget to take MY motto into account: "the right choice is often times the harder choice". Voila!

Monica O'Neill said...

Yea! Let me know when you try this recipe - or any of my recipes for that matter!!!!

Yea, sorry I'm always obsessively ranting about my job situation. I really am not THAT miserable. I'm MUCH less stressed than I was at SMG w/stupid YP and that commute. But it's just the PRINCIPLE of thinking I had figured out and found my niche career, and it was burgled.
And yea, tim & I know that moving to milwaukee would be very difficult - with juggling everything. Actually, ironically the condo - which was a GREAT decision 2yrs ago, is now the one thing that sorta traps us here, ya know? cuz if we only had an apt, we could technically just pack up and move in with my ma and find jobs in Milw!!
We also realize that now is the BEST time to move to Milw - with our jobs up in the air and not making us happy, the fact that we are THINKING of moving anyway in the next 6mos - 1yr, etc.
BUT I still can't justify packing up & moving to Milw and just finding a whatever job. I want that "dream"...but then again, I'm aware my dream might just be like a my last "dream job" - paying poop. I would be ok with a little paycut, maybe $5K or so, but anymore than that, we wouldn't be able to afford any better of a home in Milw that we could down here on our current salaries!

YADDA! it's like a stupid math word problem!!!