Friday, June 13, 2008

Dreams...

I always have very vivid dreams and I've actually always enjoyed it and how well I remember them in the morning! Some are so vivid and realistic they stick with me for an entire day as I have to convince myself it was an actual dream.
Needless to say I have a very developed unconscious psyche. Normally only I can dissect my dreams as they are specific to my life. I dream of being back in drum corps, while engaged I dreamt of my wedding day - both with weird random mishaps occuring that usually turned out to just be a funny way showing my stress.
I rarely have the drowning or naked in school or falling dreams that you can google definitions for...Until the past week or two. At first when I had the following dream I didn't think much of it until this morning when it occurred to me that this same dream scene has occured in at least 3 of my dreams in the past week. Typically I am having another dream (random non-descript, one was a drum corps dream) and then this scene pops in.

The dream goes like this:
I'm driving at night down a parkway - with trees/park on either side [Milwaukeeans, imagine something like the Root River Parkway]. There is always a large amount of traffic too and intersections.
What happens is that I am either driving fast and reckless - faster than I've ever driven in real life OR I fall asleep behind the wheel OR I'm just completely not paying attention and not looking straight ahead.
I end up having to swerve away from oncoming traffic and slam on my breaks which makes my car spin and skid out of control off the road. But in real life, I'd think the car would just tip over or stop once it was on grass- but mine doesn't. I continue to skid sideways having absolutely no control over the car and I am just bracing myself for a crash or something. But I don't really know how it ends. I dont' know if I can't remember the end, or my dream doesn't have an end. It's always as if I'm about to go into a river or off a cliff --but I don't see said river or cliff, it's just that is what I'm bracing myself for.
Pretty intense, right? Well, this morning I decided to google it since I thought it might fall into the "typical dream" definitions. And here's what I found.....WOW.

Are you dreaming about an out of control car, a car crash, a car wreck or other similar topic? Here is what it means.
Cars are vehicles that you normally should have control over. They're not like a plane or train, where someone with years of training and education is in control of. Cars are normal vehicles that you should be able to drive yourself, that you use every day to get your normal life tasks done. For that reason, a car very much represents your life in a dream. It represents your normal day to day activities, the way that your life is progressing.
If you dream that YOU are driving that car and are losing control or have an accident, it means that you don't like the way your life is turning out. You wish that you were making wiser choices, that you were better able to deal with the normal traumas life is throwing at you. You need to find the strength to grab that wheel and handle the turns and slippery situations.

Projecting car accident and partially your fault symbolize some blame conscience you have. You may be feeling low in self confidence. That accident may also indicate you have made some bad choice in life and you are blaming yourself. It is all about your guilt conscience you have in reality.

That is 100% on the nose. And it is scary that I could be so textbook. I guess ya never really feel anything or go through something someone else hasn't already felt or gone through. Maybe it shouldn't be such a lonely feeling....

1 comment:

Miss Organizized said...

And this one is totally crazy! I can't believe that...but it makes sense. Well I like to think dreams are a way of working things out in our minds while our bodies are resting and repairing. Maybe it's a positive thing? That's Katie Glass Half Full talking again I guess ;)