Wednesday, June 4, 2008

MONTH # 6: April 18 - May 17, 2008

MoniKitchen
Katie's Southwestern Crab Bake recipe as seen below. We had the leftovers in tortillas and it was even better!

Will You Go Out With Me?
Tuesday, April 29
We went out to BW3's after work and watched a bit of the Cubs game then went to see 'Forgetting Sarah Marshall'

That's Hilaarious
'Applebottom Pebs' was the ongoing joke for the month. We'd hear the "Low" song on the radio and I'd make tim sing his *lyrics at the chorus: "She's and Applebottom Pebs...with the FUR....She's got Colby Jack looking at HUR"

Good Talk
Well, we had two doozies this month!
Wednesday May 7
I had to get some thoughts off my *chest* to Tim. Basically just how I started regretting how I had handled our difficult times in the past. Tim was very put off by everything I was saying. Fearing that what I was trying to communicate was that it was a huge mistake to get married. That wasn't my point, because I am pretty sure no matter what we'd probably end up together in the end, anyway. Journey vs. Destination and I'm more concerned about the Journey right now. Tim said some very strong things about proving himself, being a great husband and doing whatever it takes to give us the life we want.
Saturday May 17
The second chat was on our way home from his dad's - it's actually more in the 20-Second T.O. category. It was the day after Tim lost his job and it really hit me hard. He did get angry, but again said very strong things. But for now, this is just something I really need to get over on my own.

Recap
Well, this month was pretty intense. One of the hardest we've been through in our five years together. It started with our weekend apart, then into my heavy reminiscing and re-thinking my life - namely the way I've handled this relationship and the issues it has dropped on my shoulders. Reminiscin morphed into reacting to the loss of tim's job which has basically sent me into a tailspin.

2 comments:

MyMuse said...

I've got plenty of experience in those tough times in marriage. Trust me, just stick together as much as you can (even when you are completely annoyed with your husband!)and trust that things will work out for the better, and you will be grateful for it in the end. You will come out of the situation as a stronger person as an individual and stronger as a coupe. I know it's annoying to hear people say that but it really is true. Welcome to the reality of marriage! It isn't always fun and whoever said "love is not enough" was right. ;)

Miss Organizized said...

I think any advice you need for this situation, you should look in Tina's direction. She HAS been married for five years afterall :) Plus if anyone's been through some tough times: school, two babies, major job issues, living arrangements, even a death in the family...it's Josh and Tina!! They've seen a lot in these five years and I'm sure both of them have worlds to say on the subject. In any case, like I've said 29305153 times, just take it day by day, you do have to help yourself before you look outwards. So take your time and I think you'll definitely come out a stronger person (AND COUPLE) in the end!