Thursday, February 28, 2008

Week #14: February 17 - February 23, 2008

Home Cookin'
Mom's Taco Dip
For our friends Game Night on Saturday, I made my mom's taco dip for the first time and it was very yummy! I also made our favorite Buffalo Chicken Dip!!!

Social Butterflies (Social Robins?)
We're still at it!
Katie Visit
Sunday Katie was still here - we basically just hung out for the day - nothing special other than our at-home manicures while watching Shrek 3 since we were denied getting a mani/pedi at a salon I had coupons for since they were booked. On a SUNDAY? What?
Friends Game Night & Funny T-Shirt Night
We had Tim's friends Amy Fabs & Chad, Amy "Not Z" and her hubby Pat (the Hansens!), Steve & Anna and Billy & Jenn over for a Game Night!
This Game Night had a theme - Funny T-Shirt Night! I do have pictures I will post from home of each person's funny t-shirt!
Tim, Pat, Billy & Jenn played the 80s Game while the Amys, Chad, Steve, Anna & I played Guesstures!!! Very very fun!
There was a ton of food once again, including the aforementioned taco dip and buffalo dip as well as Amy Fabs' meatballs, the Hansen's mini-wontons, Steve & Anna's cupcakes and Billy & Jenn's deviled eggs!

Humor
We'll see how long this lasts, but this week I decided to start calling the many crazy pot holes around here "Vampires." This if from when Justin Timberlake hosted SNL the first time, back in 2002 or so and did the Punk'd skit, acting as Aston Kutcher. A part of it is punk'ing 50 Cent by having a vampire in his hotel bathroom...so 50 cent opens the door and then says "i'm not going in there - there's a vampire in there!!" in a funny voice....soooo that's how we say it as we are driving over pot holes.

20-Second T.O.
Miscommunication and things we know we shouldn't say!
We went grocery shopping on Saturday in preparation for Game Night and when we have a lot of groceries, I'll pull up to the door to unload, then go park. We had several bags, but not a bunch so when I pulled into the lot I asked Tim what he thought we should do and he just didn't respond at all. So I got annoyed and said something again but he hadn't been paying attention at all b/c he was apparantely listening to a radio commercial, but I had no clue. So I got mad at him for ignoring me and not signaling that he was trying to listen to something and he said, "what, i have to pay attention to you every minute??" So I got SUPER mad and said, "when I'm asking you a question - YES!"
So we get upstairs and I'm still furious so we continue to argue. I make the mistake of bringing up some other topic to bitch about, which is a hot button item for Tim, so that made HIM super pissed so then he calls me a bad name, which is when I stormed out!
So the initial issue to be fixed was Tim should have signaled that he was listening to the radio so I woulda know not to talk or at least known he wasn't paying attention to me. I should not have brought up a random topic into the fight, and he should not have called me a name - which is my big hot button.

Aww...That's Nice
Ok so because of the 20-Second T.O. - I stormed our and was going to go to Starbucks, but all I said was "Have fun with your friends tonight!" So Tim thought I was gonna drive up to Milwaukee! So he followed me down and stood behind my car so I couldn't leave (unless I woulda backed into him which would have been SO white trash!). I had locked my car doors, though so we ended up talking through my car window. We talked through it and calmed down. He went upstairs, but I needed a few minutes of Monica time. When I came back inside, I asked him if he followed me because he was angry or because he was scared. He said both, but more scared. That really put it all into perspective and took away all the anger because that's what it comes down to in the end.


4 comments:

MyMuse said...

You guys are so funny and cute! I love the 20 sec TO story because it reminds me of our fights that stem from nothing and we usually end up not being able to keep a straight face in the end and start laughing. Because it was just so stupid in the end, but very relevant at that moment when you are in the heat of the arguement!
You really are social butterflies; sounds like you guys have a lot of fun. I miss the days of being able to just go out and have a fun night with other couples. :( Oh well, soon you will all have kids and then we'll have to get drunk at their bday parties or something!
I love the "vampire" potholes! I was on Tim's myspace and saw that someone put Brian Fellow's on there which is hilarious to me because no one ever thought it was funny but me. I'm glad to see you guys have the same wierd sense of humor as me, because i think vampire potholes are funny! I don't think that made sense! Anyways, it'll be fun to see you guys this weekend if you stop by. Yay!

Monica O'Neill said...

OMG I wish we could stop in the middle of a fight and laugh!!! But we are both WAY too hot headed so it takes us forever to get out of it. Sometimes it works when we just stop and like go do our own thing, I'll go on the computer and he'll watch TV or something..then 5 min go by and we're fine.
I'm all about getting drunk at little kid birthday parties! that's the happenin' scene these days :)
I'm not driving over there - there's a VAMPIRE!
That bird better not mess up my credit!

MyMuse said...

well we usually end up laughing at the END of the fight, since we are hot headed too! More stubborn on my part, Josh is more hot-headed, but I know those fights all too well! We just had a fight like that yesterday, where we just started about nothing and then started saying completely random things to be mean to each other. I always have to have a "cool off" time, so i went upstairs and started doing random shit, and Josh came up and we attempted to re-start on each other but ended up laughing because it was just retarded. Good times!
"That goat just smiled at me! That's wierd. I'm gonna wait outside his dressing room and just kill him!" :D

Miss Organizized said...

AAAAAND I'm laughing at all your Brian Fellow's comments???? The vampires thing is HILAAAAARious! You and your random humor...cracks my shiz up!

AAAND I'll share a John and Katie 20STO because we're all about sharing here! So Monica you know of our Huge Errand Day on Sat...well as we were driving out of the city, trying to figure out what we needed to do, John said he should take out cash for the Maggiano's dinner later (so there wouldn't be complicated splitting of bill and such). I said "OOH! I have to go to the bank too! Let's stop there first as it doesn't close for another hour!" Well suddenly John's like "nah"...and I'm all "um...why not? we both need money, I can deposit this check from my mom." And his response: "No, I'll just go to an ATM tonight" "but we BOTH have Associated Bank! Why not just get it out of the way now?" "I just don't feel like it...you can go inside if you want to deposit that check." "????? WHY ?????" So this went back and forth and turned into a screaming match in the car!!! And John driving all crazy weaving everywhere?? Now I shouldn't have exploded, but I was SO FRUSTRATED because why the H wouldn't you just take money out of the ATM while I'm inside depositing a check?? Why would you make an EXTRA stop for yourself? But I wasn't listening to him saying he just wanted to see how much money he had left in his account after shopping for the day (although we had already got paid as it was the 1st?) ANYWAY, sorry for the long recap, but sometimes these things totally run away with us and there really is no reason for screaming...haha!