Wednesday, October 1, 2008

WEEK #44: 9/14 - 9/20

Home Cookin'
bite me...

Social Butterflies
Friday/Saturday
Friday night I went out to Johnny B's in the Rockford area for the Regiment Alumni meeting. Had several drinks with several of the alumni - none that I even marched with! Actually, I think I was the youngest person there by about 10yrs! Felt really cool though, sitting around a campfire with all these Regiment 'top dogs' I'm flattered they even remember my name :)
Saturday was the Band Festival. Had lunch at BW3's and then started setting up at Harlem High School. I manned the "Vote for Your Favorite Band" table! Afterwards, of course, drinks at Backyard Grill!
On Friday - at home - Tim hung out with Anthony at Jersey's as usual when I am gone!

Humor
I was scrambling around trying to get out of the house by 6pm to head to Rockford on Friday night, and of course I'm running behind. I finally get all my stuff to the car, with Tim's help, around 6:30pm. I get in the car and pull out my GPS system, notice that it needs some charging - but look all over my car and can't find the charger that's typically by my car lighter! I call Tim and tell him to start looking in the condo for it and head back inside. All I can think of is that the last time I could remember using it was for Chelsea's wedding that Katie drove to - and I worried that we had left the charger in HER car those few weeks ago. But I did think it was weird that she wouldn't have noticed it in her car yet?
So anyway, neither of us can find it anywhere. Then I see the brand new GPS - the same as mine - that I just purchased my mom for her birthday. I decide to massacre the packaging and burgle THAT charger. AS Tim is performing the massacre, I start to remember that the actual last time we used the charger was for the Cubs game a couple weeks beforehand and that Tim had thrown the GPS & charger into my purse when we parked for the game. I was annoyed by the charger/cord being all up in my business in the purse, so had put it in the hidden zipper pocket. Ironically, it was the same purse I was taking with me that night that I hadn't thought to look for. SO the whole time, I had the charger with me, in my purse without knowing.
I had to tell my mom the story when I gave her the gift to explain why the packaging was "tied" closed ;)

Aww...That's Nice
Tim helping me to my car and helping with the charger.

20-Second T.O.
We had a BIG fight going to the mall on Sunday. We first went to Bed, Bath & Beyond - yes! we had time! And then Tim was saying he needed to go to the mall - but I didn't really have anything *I needed to get there - but we continued on that way anyway (further from home) 'til he says what he needs is shoes and a backpack. The BB&B is NEXT to a Sport Mart which would for certain have both these items - OR going back towards home we pass a Kohl's too. But instead we had driven 10min further away. So I was just questioning his reasoning - like why didn't he just think of it when we were NEXT to somewhere he could have went instead and his answer was a defensive "why does it matter?" SO it just turned into a bickerfest until we got in the mall and went our separate ways until I was done with the few things I had been looking at.
YIKES! And yea, it took some time for both of us to come down off this thing!

No comments: