Sunday, July 13, 2008

MONTH #6 continued...

Good Talk
There were many talks in this month. It was a lot of Tim wanting to know what he could do to make me happy - that he's a different person than he was during our previous hard times, etc. My side of the conversations were always just venting - not yelling - but just "going off" about whatever new thoughts I'd had. It was that and just saying that I needed some time.

Recap
The month started off with a bang. A big, negative, black cloud BANG! Tim lost his job right before our 6-month anniversary which sent me into my bitter betty depressive state as it just added to the pile of all the other bad thoughts that had started to weigh me down. The straw that broke the camel's back, if you will.
We spent a lot of time apart - both with a weekend apart and even when we were out together and especially home together. With TV shows over and the Cubs games in full swing - we were in different rooms most nights. And this time apart wasn't in that "let's do thing separate to make our time together even better" sort of way. It was literally just to take our minds away from the strenuous times we'd been having. I think it worked out for the better as I sorted out my feelings - they weren't constantly in Tim's face and I didn't have to talk about it.
As the month went on, there were better days - and my birthday marked a small turning of a new leaf.

No comments: