Sunday, March 16, 2008

WEEK #17: March 9 - 15, 2008

Home Cookin'
Angel Hair Pasta with Creamy Turkey Sausage in Wild Mushroom Sauce
Whew! that was a long one!! This recipe is from the "Quick Fix Meals" cookbook we received from Katie at one of our wedding showers. It was a very different and interesting recipe. There were many ingredients we've never had in any meal before! Look for it in my monthly entry :)

Social Butterflies
Amy Fabs' Birthday
Saturday night we went out in Lombard to Lucky Strike Lanes at Yorktown Mall for Amy Fabbiano's birthday! We got there early to eat and only bowled one game since there were like 8 people to a lane! But we talked a lot with the Amy's and their men about planning our upcoming Game Nights! I believe the next Game Night will be in April at Amy & Pat Hansen's and the theme will be "dress up as your favorite decade."
Tim drank Green Beer and I drank Midori Sours - I recommend!!

Humor
SAUSAGE!!!!!
See clip below...You'll recognize this commercial from around the Superbowl. It got back in my head on Wednesday night, and then like crazy on Thursday night whilst cooking the above recipe with Turkey SAUSAGE. yea..we wondered what our neighbors were thinking as I'm sure they could hear us YELLING "SAUSAGE!" randomly and repeatedly throughout the night....and actually even a few times whilst typing this entry!

Awww...That's Nice!
OUR niece Isabella called to sell cookie dough for her pre-school class, so we both chatted with her on the phone :)

20-Second T.O.
HOORAY!!!!!

4 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

Yay cookbook!!!! I bet that was a bit complicated! I can't wait to see that recipe because *I wanna make it!!





SAUSAGE!!!!!

MyMuse said...

That sounds awesome, I wish I could make stuff that was interesting but Josh is SUPER picky and Ethan too, so i always have to make stuff for just me if it has things like mushrooms in it. Speaking of cooking, Josh and I made Easter dinner (ham) at our place because my parents had the flu, and it was pretty darn good i must say!

Wow, I can't believe Isabella is already selling stuff for pre-school. Craziness!!! I wonder if Ethan will be doing that when he goes to school this fall? So how's Lorie doing???!!! She's about to have the baby right, or has it happened already?

Monica O'Neill said...

hey Tina - ya know, Tim isn't all that into fancy meals either, but he REALLY liked it b/c the sausage was the main part! I'm not a fan of mushrooms either, so I chopped 'em up real tiny so it was just the flavor for the sauce.

Yea, these kids are selling stuff younger and younger!!! I was impressed that Isabella was actually making the calls - I couldn't do that with Girl Scout cookies when I was 10!!

And Lorie's actual due date is the 30th. She's going in today to see if she is dilated enough, and then they would induce tomorrow. But if she's not dilated more then she's gotta wait some more!! It's a nail biter - I keep checking my phone waiting for "the call"!

MyMuse said...

Oh wow, so she could haver the baby tomorrow?! I've heard a lot of different stories about being induced; some saying that it went really fast and others saying it took a few days to work! I guess I'll find out myself on the 23rd if i don't go into labor before that. Well, tell Pat and Lorie we say good luck and we're not far behind them!

I think I will put more effort into the whole cooking new meals when I start staying at home again after the baby comes. That's what sucks about working full-time; I hate coming home and having to make meals and Josh will do it once in awhile but he's just not there with the effort. He usually makes frozen pizza or something REALLY easy, even though he's a really good cook, he's just lazy about it! Anyways, once I'm at home for awhile I'll have lots of new recipes to try from you and Katie, which is awesome!

Oh, and I still need to email Chelsea's mom about the shower! I finally got her email address today, so I'l let you know what she has in mind sometime this week hopefully.