Thursday, March 6, 2008

WEEK #15: February 24 - March 1, 2008

Home Cookin
All week I planned to make Heavenly Chicken on Saturday, but we were busy out shopping, etc. that there wasn't enough time to make the 3-hr recipe! So maybe I'll double up next week?

Social Robins (Butterflies)
Hal Sparks @ the IMPROV Woodfield Mall
On Thursday night we went to see Hal Sparks (Queer as Folk, VH1 shows) with Colin & his sister. He had free tickets but we still ended up spending over $60 on food and drinks ;)
Happy Hour (Monica)
At the end of my second week at my new job, our Account Director Amy took the entire Qwest Retail team (account execs and creatives) out for a Happy Hour! We got to leave work at 3 and go to McNally's bar where they had apps and covered our bar tab until 6pm! It was a great way to speed up getting to know some of my coworkers! And hey - can't beat getting out of work 2hrs early for free drinks and food!
Guido's Birthday
On Friday night we headed into the city, Irving Park & Damen to Silvio's for Guido's 30th Bday party. There was an opening band that were some of Guido's friends - then Billy's band "Something Worth Dying For" played, followed by Guido reuniting with some of those guys that he was in a band with a few years ago "Uphill Ski Team"
Tim bought Guido a Birthday Girl sash and tiara! Both were a hit! Oh, he also got him a "Man Boobs are Sexy" t-shirt :)

2 comments:

Miss Organizized said...

Yeah that's right! I never got to hear about your "happy hour" I don't think! Sounds like fun and like OLD times at this place...no more, no more...

MyMuse said...

"Man Boobs are sexy"!!! That's frickin' awesome! I'll have to try the heavenly chicken recipe, it sounds really good, and I likes me some chicken! Ughh...I can't wait until I can have a drink! Happy hour sounds awesome right now! I'm gonna have a big 'ol margarita; less than 2 months!