Monday, March 10, 2008

WEEK #16: March 2, 2008- March 8, 2008

Home Cookin'
Heavenly Chicken
"say heavenly chicken again" - HA! I realize I've referenced this darn recipe like 10 times ;) But I did make it again and it was just as good as I remember it! I do recommend it for a cold Sunday when you don't have much to do, and let it cook in the crock pot. I think it's a recipe I could really have fun with, add some different stuff, etc. So far I've just added in a few random spices, but nothing big.
If you try this recipe and put a twist on it - let me know!!
I made Heavenly Chicken on Sunday night. I wish I could make it on a weeknight since it is easy, just takes 3hrs to cook :(

Social Pigeons (?)
Weekend in Milwaukee
On our way up on Friday night, we first went to Tim's dad's house for his dad's birthday. They made enormous steaks, that I had to pass on since it was Friday..but yay me!!! I ate little shrimpies instead.
We were there 'til nearly 11pm b/c once dinner wrapped up, Kirsten (tim's stepmom) wanted to show me MLS listings of homes for sale in our area and Taylor (tim's 1/2 sister) and Tim's dad wanted to show him Wii...so Tim played Wii tennis for like an hour while Kirsten and I chatted. We didn't get to my mom's until after midnight, so went straight to bed.
Saturday we got up, ate breakfast and chatted with my mom then went over to Josh & Tina's where Tim hung with the Josh & Ethan, and I went with Tina to meet Katie & Jamie for lunch at Houlihan's followed by dress fitting at Eva's for Chelsea's bridesmaid dresses! We had a lot of fun girl talkin' and reminiscing over random Whitnall High School people!
I went back with Tina and hung out a little while longer at their house, we all went to have custard at Culver's which was fun!
We headed down to the East Side around 6 for dinner with Michelle, Dave, Ian Thompson, Cheryl, Katie and Josh. Dinner was good, but reeeeeally slow and we were in a really cold area so I had been freezing all day in all the places we were!
Then we went to Landmark to "bowl" but we all pulled the "old card" and ended up just sitting around and having a few drinks!

Humor
J. Moose
J....J....J....MOOSE! has made a comeback. There was also a running theme between Josh & Tim all week quoting Superbad lines so I got a dose of that hilarity too :)

Aww...That's Nice!
On Friday when Tim was playing Wii and I was just chatting with my step-mother-in-law about raising children and real estate. Made me feel like a grown woman!

20-Second T.O.
Anyone else getting sick of hearing about these?!?!? I tell ya, recording our fights really puts it in perspective. There are actually times when we are fighting and I'm like "ugh! I'm gonna have to record this in my blog!!!" HA!
I picked up KFC on my way home one night after work and we were saying random weird things to each other as we were setting up to eat. Bear with me, the exchange went something like this:
M - i'm gonna eat this nasty piece of chicken
T - your face is a nasty piece of chicken
I laugh saying that that doesn't make any sense and then something along the lines of "you should be thanking me for picking up dinner instead of calling me names!"
And in my mind this was all said in jest with a smile on my face - BUT Tim got totally offended! Saying that he doesn't like to be told to say thank you, etc. So I was just completely annoyed that we went from joking to this AND then I started thinking "why is he defending NOT thanking me??"
It faded away as we ate, then I went off to band rehearsal. The next day Tim emailed me to apologize for taking it wrong and then we had a VERY constructive conversation about all sorts stuff surrounding that! YAY!

3 comments:

MyMuse said...

HAHA! You guys are so funny. I like hearing about the 20 sec T.O.'s because they are so us, too! I'm so glad I got to get out with the ladies and chat it up and do girly stuff. Didn't everything seem to go really slow last weekend, even the dress fitting?!? I heard you guys had a good time on Saturday and there were supposedly some crazy Whitnall people there? (Adam Kiel?) Is Tim feeling better? I heard he was a little under the weather that night?

Monica O'Neill said...

Haha..yea, I suppose in the big picture, our fights aren't that bad. It's not like we're fighting over life decisions and stuff. We're just too hotheaded to let anything slide by :) Which is good and bad at the same time.
And YES! I felt like we were at Eva's for like 3hrs. I think cuz it was a lot of just waiting around not knowing what we were supposed to be doing?
Michelle & Dave are still friends with Adam Kiel, so she'll talk about him from time to time, but it was really weird to see him AND Ian Thompson!!!
I guess Tim is allergic to Milwaukee? He's got a bad cough, stayed home yesterday and has been taking lotsa medicine. I don't want to get sick!!!!

Miss Organizized said...

"ugh! I'm gonna have to record this in my blog!!!"

CRACK ME UP!!!!! You are hilarious!! But it's a good thing!! I mean it DOES make you conscious of what's going on! It also makes me trade 20STO's with you, so we all feel like we're in the same boat :D

And as Tina said, it was totally a blast hangin with the ladies...especially the part where we talked about random Whitnall whatnot. PS My mom talked me out of going to that meeting :\ She said I have too much on my plate already. I simply said "yes mommy" (I did agree with her though...what if I got roped into designing a booklet for everyone and had to collect information from Whitnall Alum "where are they now?" and then had to print out name tags and find a dj and all this other stuff?? I'm trying to break up with Chris Klein and I need time on my hands to do that!)